Questions for Wedding Venue
- Is your tentative date still available, Sept. 28th-30th? If not, what additional weekend does Fair Hills have open?
- What, if any, other events are going on at the venue on the same weekend?
- What rooms are included? Bathrooms, bridal party rooms, lounge area, cocktail area, and coatroom? Are these available all-day Saturday?
- What are their wedding packages and what is included?
- According to website, in addition to the wedding day, they have facilities/accommodations for rehearsal dinner, and gift opening on Sunday (if applicable).
- Is there a designated smoking area (if applicable)?
- Is an outdoor area included in the package for a cocktail reception?
- Is the facility accessible for disabled guests (if applicable to your guests)?
- Is there a secure area to store the wedding gifts?
- What does a typical layout of a wedding ceremony and reception areas for look like?
- Do they have photographs to show you of other receptions/layout options, etc.?
- Can you come back and see it set up for another wedding?
- Who is the venue POC (point of contact) on your wedding day?
- What doesn’t the venue offer that you will need to bring/rent?
- What are the options for the ceremony and reception held in the same areas and separate areas?
- If same area, what can be expected for set up and take down to switch over from the ceremony to the reception? Is there onsite staff to assist with moving chairs from ceremony to reception if needed? *Note, Wedding Planner will be onsite to assist with transition from ceremony to reception
- If venue helps with transition, what is the minimum transition time needed from venue staff?
- Does the venue provide the seating for the ceremony?
- Can rose petals be strewn, or sparklers be used (if applicable)?
Rain Back-up Plan for Outside Ceremony
- Do they have outdoor covered areas such as canopies or tents in case of rain?
- Do they have indoor space available if you need to move people outside to inside?
- Do they have a generator for power outages?
- What are the table (round versus rectangular) and seating options?
- What are the options for the head table (if applicable)?
- How will the bar transition from cocktail hour to reception? If you choose to have a cocktail hour outdoors.
- What is the lighting like for the indoor reception?
- Can you bring in a band or DJ?
- What do they have for a sound system? Speakers, microphones, etc.?
- When can the band or DJ set up?
- How many people does the dance floor accommodate?
- What time do they allow the music to play until?
- When can you start decorating?
- Are there decorating restrictions?
- Can the centerpieces contain candles?
- What decorations does the venue provide, if any, and what is the price?
- Do you have to provide your own place/escort cards?
- Describe the table seating options:
- Round versus rectangular tables, and how many do they seat?
- Are there booster seats or high chairs available for children?
- Do they provide in-house catering? If not, do they have a preferred list of caterers?
- What are the different ways the venue serves food? Buffet, family style, individual plates?
- If there is an onsite caterer that you must use:
- Can you arrange for a tasting?
- Is there a cost for a tasting?
- What does the venue provide for drinks with the meal (water, coffee, etc.)?
- Can they accommodate special diets?
- How many choices can you offer your guests for meals?
- What are the different costs associated with the different meal options?
- How many wait staff will be provided?
- Do they provide a place for the cake?
- Do they provide a cutting knife?
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- Does the venue have a liquor license to serve alcohol?
- Does the venue provide the alcohol and bar service?
- What drinks are included in the pricing?
- Do they provide a cash bar or an open bar?
- Does the venue hire the bartenders and is there a charge per bartender?
- Do they charge for unopened bottles after the reception?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- Are there any restrictions on the type or quantity of alcohol to be served?
- Can wine be given as a party favor?
- What is the total cost and what is required for a deposit?
- Do they offer payment plans (if applicable)?
- What type of payment can they take – cash, check, credit card?
- What it their cancellation policy?
- What are the insurance requirements for you and your vendors?
- Does the venue have its own insurance coverage?
- Are there any photograph or video restrictions?
- What suggestions do they have for locations to photograph?
- What are lodging accommodations like onsite?
- What are the room rates?
- Is there a wedding discount for blocks of rooms?
- Where do guests park and how many spots are available?
- Is there a cost to park?
- What else is going on that night that may make it difficult for guests to park?